Honorable former justice Shyamal Kumar Sen
Honorable former justice Shyamal Kumar Sen (born 25 November 1940) is a Bengali Indian jurist who served as a chief justice of the Allahabad High Court and also as a Governor of West Bengal. He was appointed governor in May 1999 following the resignation of A R Kidwai and served from May 1999 to December1999.
After graduating from the Scottish Church College, he studied law at the University of Calcutta.
He had worked as a lecturer in the commercial and industrial laws in the City College, Kolkata (under the University of Calcutta) from 1964 to 1971,as well as in the faculty of law at the University of Calcutta from 1971 to 1985.He was elevated as a permanent judge of the Calcutta High Court in February 1986. He served as chief justice of the Allahabad High Court on 18 July 2000.
He served as the Governor of West Bengal from May to December 1999.
Honorable former justice Shyamal Kumar Sen (born 25 November 1940) is a Bengali Indian jurist who served...
Honorable former justice Chittatosh Mookerjee
Honorable former justice Chittatosh Mookerjee (Born 1 January 1929) was the Chief Justice of the Calcutta and Bombay High Court. He is the grandson of Bengali scholar and educator Ashutosh Mukherjee and the nephew of Shyama Prasad Mookerjee.
He was appointed as an additional judge of the Calcutta High Court in 1969 and in 1970 he became a permanent judge of the High Court. In 1986 he was elevated as the chief justice of the Calcutta High Court and was transferred to the Bombay as Chief Justices of the Bombay High Court. Mookerjee was retired from judgeship in 1991.He was also the acting Governor of Maharashtra. In 1990 he was the head of tribunal for Kaveri River water dispute.After retirement he became the first chairperson of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission and served there from from 1995 to 1998.
At present his Lordship is associated with many renowned organizations.
Honorable former justice Chittatosh Mookerjee (Born 1 January 1929) was the Chief Justice of the Calcutta...
GOVERNING BODY 2018-19 :
SL Name Father Name Address OCCUPATION DESIGNATION
1. MS DOLA BASU LATE PANCHU GOPAL BASU 77A, RAJA NABAKRISHNA STREET KOLKATA- 700005
PRACTISING LAWYER /
2. MRS SHIMA CHAUDHURI LATE HIRANYA BIJOY CHOWDHURY FLAT NO 104 TOWER -II RUPASHREE HOUSING COMPLEX
KOLKATA – 700156 PH-9433000333
SERVICE VICE PRESIDENT
3. MS MADHUPURNA GHOSH DR. JITENDRA KUMAR GHOSH 1/4B PAIK PARA 3rd ROW KOLKATA – 700037
PRACTISING LAWYER / SOCIAL WORKER JOINT SECRETARY
4. MS RINKU GUPTA LATE KRISHNA CHANDRA GUPTA 36, DEBANDRA GHOSH ROAD KOLKATA-700025
PH — 9830143006
SERVICE JOINT SECRETARY
5. MS RIMA NANDY MR. AJIT KUMAR NANDY B, 5/4 KALINDI HOUSING ESTATE KOLKATA- 700089
PH – 9903471057
ACTIVIST/ SOCIAL WORKER ASST. SECRETARY
6. MRS RADHA CHATTERJEE LATE AMAL KUMAR BAGCHI 17/2 PAIRY MOHAN SUR LANE KOLKATA-700006
7. MR SANKAR NATH MITRA LATE UMAPATI NATH MITRA 32A SHYAMPUKUR STREET KOLKATA-700004
SOCIAL WORKER TREASURER